FAQ / General
1. How do I find out what my GRID ID is?
- Press the “Menu” key
- Scroll to More
- Scroll to My Info
- Scroll to view your PTT ID
2. What's a Call Alert and how do I send and receive one?
- Call Alert is a GRID Private ID feature that allows you to send and alert to notify someone you would like to talk to. It is less intrusive than placing a call to the other person immediately, as he or she could be in a meeting. Sending an alert allows the person to respond accordingly to his or her convenience.
- Enter the GRID ID of the person you would like to alert or select his or her name from the Phonebook, if stored.
- Press the option key under “ALERT”, and the Ready to Alert screen displays.
- Press and hold the PTT button until “Alert Successful” is displayed. The alert plays intermittently until the recipient answers, queues, or clears it.
When you receive a call alert, your phone will emit an intermittent chirp and will display the name (if stored) or GRID ID of the caller. You can either answer, queue, or clear the call alert.
- To answer the Call Alert, press the PTT button.
- To queue the Call Alert, press the option key under “QUEUE”.
- To clear the Call Alert, press the option key under “CLEAR”.
NOTE: Until you answer, queue or clear the call alert, you will not receive any additional Phone, Private or Group calls.
3. How can I use Walkie-Talkie in privacy such that people around me will not hear what the other caller is saying?
4. What is the item X' fleet reflected in my monthly bill?
5. How do I make a X' fleet call?
6. How much will I be charged for X'fleet call?
1. When I call out, I do not want my Phone number to be seen.
You can subscribe to Caller ID Restrict service. The registration fee is $16.05 (one-time fee) and the subscription fee is $5.35 per month.
2. When I receive a call, I want my caller number to be displayed.
You can subscribe to Caller ID Display facility. The registration fee is $16.05 (one-time fee) and the subscription fee is $5.35 per month.
3. How do I find out the local calls made from my Phone number?
To get the details of the phone calls made from your phone in the following month, you will need to subscribe to “Detailed Billing”. The registration fee is $16.05 (one-time fee) and with a subscription fee of $5.35 per month. To check the details of the calls made in the previous bills, a fee of $5.35 per page, capped at a maximum of $53.50, would be levied.
4. Cal I use my Phone service to make IDD Calls?
By default, IDD and STD calls are barred. However, if you require the service to be turned on, please write to us and we will activate the service for you. A one-time $16.05 registration fee is applicable.
5. Can I use my Phone Service to send and receive SMS to all other mobile service providers?
Yes, you can send and receive SMS to and from all other local mobile service providers by subscribing to the service from us. To subscribe please write to us and we will activate the service for you. A one-time $16.05 registration fee is applicable.
6. How do I forward my Phone Calls to another number?
- Press Menu
- Scroll to “Call Forward”
- Press “Select”
- If you want to forward all calls, enter “To:” number
- If you want to select the nature of calls to be transferred, select – “Change”
- Scroll to “Detailed” and “Select”
- Choose from “If Busy”, “If No Answer” or “If Unreachable” and “Change”
- Key Forward Number and Press ”OK”
1. Is there a minimum number of people required to form a Talk Group?
Yes, a minimum number of 10 people is required to form a Talk Group. A Talk Group size of less than 10 people will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more details.
Application of Services
1. Where do I buy the equipment and how do I subscribe to the service?
You may choose to buy and subscribe from our dealer or our sales personnel.
For sales personnel, please call our Customer Service Officer at +65 6486 8777.
2. How long does it take for the line to be activated?
An average of 3 working days is required to activate a new line.
3. I wish to transfer my handset to a friend. Are there any charges involved?
The transferor is required to clear all his/her outstanding bill(s). If the transferee is our existing customer, he/she is also required to clear all his/her outstanding bill(s). We reserve the right to reject a transfer due to outstanding payment etc. A transfer fee of $16.05 per ID is applicable to the transferee. An average of 3 working days is required for processing. To obtain transfer forms please click here.
4. Can I transfer my line during contractual period?
No. You are not allowed to transfer your line during your contractual period as it would be deemed a termination that would subject you to a liquidated damage of $267.50.
5. How do I check when my contract will end?
Please call our Customer Service at +65 6486 8777 to check.
6. I lost my phone, what should I do?
Call our Customer Service at +65 6486 8777 for immediate restrictions. Please follow up with a written request via fax to 6481 6900 or email to (email@example.com). Term and conditions apply.
7. My phone displayed "Phone Lock". What should I do?
Please call our hotline +65 6486 8777 for assistance on unlocking your phone.
8. My phone displayed "SIM Lock" or "PUK Lock". What should I do?
Please visit our service counter at GRID Communications Pte Ltd 1 Lorong 2 Toa Payoh, #03-01 Yellow Pages Building to reprogram your phone. An administration fee of $16.05 is chargeable.
9. Why do I receive "No Service" displayed on my handset when I power up?
Here are some reasons for a “No Service” to be displayed on your handset;
- When there is no coverage or when the coverage is weak. You will see a red light displayed on your phone.
Please call our Customer Service hotline at +65 6486 8777 for assistance.
- When the service is not activated.
Please call our Customer Service hotline at +65 6486 8777 to check the status. If your phone is newly activated or reactivated, please do the following master reset on your phone;
i) Scroll and Select “Settings”
ii) Scroll and Select “More”
iii) Scroll and Select “Advanced”
iv) Scroll and Select “Connectivity”
v) Scroll and Select “Master Reset”
vi) Enter security code as 000000 and Press “OK”
vii) Select “Yes” for Master Reset
viii) Select “OK” for caution: see manual
viiii) The phone will auto power off
x) Switch on the phone again
10. Why do I receive "service restricted" display on my handset?
Please call our Customer Service hotline at +65 6486 8777 so that our officers can address the problem.
11. What is the procedure for termination?
A one month written termination is required, which may be done via fax to (6481 6900) or email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) Upon termination, the SIM card would be deactivated and cannot be reused.
1. My set is faulty, where can I repair?
Please click here for the service centre address and contact number.
2. Can I loan a phone while my phone is being repaired?
CTDI Service Centre will facilitate to repair or replace your phone as quickly as possible. A loan handset is not typically available.
1. Previously, I did not have any problem making calls in a particular area: but now I have problem in receiving and making calls.
Disruptions in coverage may be a result of temporary site outages or obstructions of a signal. Please inform our Customer Service on any service disruptions you’ve experience for us to address the situation. Please call us at +65 6486 8777 or drop us an email at email@example.com
Personal Data Protection
1. Is my privacy protected?
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) came into force on 2 January 2014. GRID is committed to complying with the PDPA.
GRID respects the privacy of our customers and visitors to this website. We do not collect personal data about our visitors and customers without their consent. Where information is collected to better serve our visitors and customers, or when a visitor registers for any notification service available on this website or takes part in any survey or contest, the information collated may be used for corporate communications analysis and may be communicated in broad terms to our partners and consultants. We do not divulge information gathered through this website about specific individuals to any third party.
GRID has put in place stringent data protection policies to ensure that your personal data is safe and secured. Should you have any queries about our data protection policies, please contact our Data Protection Officer at 6486 8777.
Sports Hub Access
1. Why is GRID charging this value added service fee?
GRID has invested significant amount of money to provide in-building coverage at Sports Hub. To recover some of these investments, GRID has to impose a ‘Sports Hub Access’ value added service fee. Most of GRID’s customers would not be affected, since only those who need to use GRID’s service within Sports Hub will be required to subscribe to this value added service.
2. How much is this value added service fee?
The ‘Sports Hub Access’ value added service is $10.70 per month per user. A one-time administrative fee of $16.05 is applicable.
3. How do I subscribe to this value added service fee?
Complete Form C and bring your SIM card to GRID Customer Service Counter for programming.
4. How do I terminate this value added service?
Complete Form C and bring your SIM card to GRID Customer Service Counter for programming. Termination of this service is effective only if you have your SIM card programmed by GRID Customer Service – GRID will continue to charge this service fee until your SIM card had been programmed.
5. If I do not have this value added service, can I use my GRID phone inside Sports Hub?
Without this value added service, you will not be able to use GRID phone inside the Sports Hub at all. If you try to make PTT or phone calls, you will see ‘No Service’ being displayed. You would not be able to receive incoming PTT or phone calls and send or receive SMS as well. GRID data service will also not be available.
6. If I do not have this value added service, can I use my GRID phone outside Sports Hub?
Yes you can.