Communication devices, such as mobile phones and two-way radios, needs to be certified intrinsically safe to operate in hazardous environment. Intrinsically safe equipment are designed so that it shall not be capable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal or abnormal conditions to cause ignition of a flammable or combustible atmosphere mixture in its most easily ignitable concentration. Safety (of employees, assets and environments) is a top priority consideration when carrying any electronic device into environments with potentially explosive atmospheres. GRID is an authorized reseller to carry the one of the world‘s superior Intrinsically Safe 4G / LTE Smartphone, the ECOM Smart-Ex® 01 which is based on an Android operating system. These devices offer a reliable connection to any network worldwide. These Intrinsically Safe cell phones from ECOM are certified and approved for use in Zone 1 & DIV 1 incl. Dust Ex-areas.
About GRID’s ECOM Smart-Ex 01
The Smart-Ex 01 is an ultra-rugged, unlocked, LTE / Wi-Fi / Android™ smartphone, which comes with the following features:
- A touch screen that can be viewed in direct sunlight and easily used with dirty or wet work gloves.
- An extremely loud speaker, noise cancellation, a powerful battery, water and drop resistance and an optional 3-Year Service Level Agreement are just some features of the Smart-Ex® 01 that provide peace of mind to enterprises and workers alike.
- Access to productivity applications and worker safety as well as a full suite of industrial-grade accessories completes the solution.
- SIMlock free – allowing connection to any network worldwide as the handsets are not locked to a particular carrier.
- 9th generation of Intrinsically Safe mobile phones (reliability track record)
- Quality control conducted in Germany, based on almost 30 years’ experience in the Ex-market
Connectivity – fast and flexible
As LTE wireless connectivity is increasingly adopted within hazardous areas, Smart-Ex® 01 ensures that access is fast and seamless – enabling users to quickly access the information needed to perform the task at hand. The latest Bluetooth standards are also supported by Smart-Ex® 01, allowing real-time connectivity to both Bluetooth SmartReady Low Energy 4.0 (BLE) devices as well as older legacy Bluetooth devices. This allows the mobile worker to benefit from expanded Smart Ex® 01 capabilities, such as data collection and measuring / monitoring devices, headsets, AutoID, and Bluetooth Beacons for localisation.
Push-To-Talk (PTT) Functionality
PTT over IP is a service providing group communication like Two-Way Radio communication systems (similar to TETRA, DMR and the classic analogue PMR). The Smart-Ex 01 is able to have Android based PTT functionalities when installed with GRID’s QoolTalk or MotoTalk apps.
The benefits are:
- Individual Call / Group Call
- GPS Tracking
- Call History Including Voice Recording
- Order Management System with NFC , QR Code
- Data Transfer.
Contact Us For sales enquires and for more information on the ECOM Smart-Ex 01.