The mobile phone may be the most popular portable communication tool today; however, there are many instances where the walkie-talkie is still the preferred choice of portable communication tool. Fast call setup and group talk capability are two of the most common reasons that would make you go looking for a walkie talkie rental rather than buying a mobile phone. For some users, the frequency of usage may be too low to justify purchasing walkie-talkie handsets and subscribing to long term contract from a network Push-to-Talk (PTT) carrier for wide area radio coverage. For the infrequent users, a better option would be to rent handsets rather than outright purchasing.
The benefits of renting are:
- No long term contracts or subscription fee needed
- Quick and flexible service
- Cost effective – rent only for the period when walkie-talkie handsets are needed
- Flexible rental schemes to suit different needs
Considerations When Choosing a Rental Provider
There are many walkie-talkie rental dealers in the Singapore market. Here are some key points to consider when choosing who to rent from:
- Reliability of the Handsets - Handsets should be well maintained to ensure usability throughout the rental period.
- Reliability and Availability of the Radio Network - Fast call setups, clarity and availability of coverage are important factors to consider.
- Support provided by the provider throughout the rental period (e.g. quick to attend to complains and speedy replacement of faulty handsets)
- Handsets that also come with normal telephone call capabilities - A convenient feature to have to make both PTT calls and telephone calls all from a single device.
- Value for Money - Cheaper is not always better.
GRID’s Rental Service
With GRID’s walkie talkie rental service, your event co-ordination becomes simpler. At GRID we provide all the handsets that you need with the following features:
- Handsets are slim and light weight (under 120g), yet ruggedized (meet military 810F specifications)
- Maximum capacity battery for long lasting use during your event
- Lanyard for your users to carry the handsets, without affecting their work.
- Users can be all over Singapore (where GRID has coverage):
- GRID provides coverage in major convention centres like Suntec City, Singapore EXPO, Marina Bay Sands, Resort World Sentosa, Changi Airport, major hotels and selected buildings.
- GRID provides more than 95% street-level coverage
- Unlimited Group Calls
- Allows user to press a button and talks instantly to a large team (no restriction in the size of the group)
- Unlimited 1-to-1 Calls
- Allows user to talk in private instantly
- Unlimited Local Phone Calls (optional at a nominal fee)
- Allows you to call any GSM or Singapore phone numbers
- Privacy and Clarity
- Only GRID can provide unsurpassed voice clarity with guaranteed privacy through the Motorola iDEN digital technology used in our network.
GRID has been the preferred supplier of walkie-talkie rental service in Singapore for all types of event co-ordination. Below are events GRID has supported with our iDEN radio sets:
- International Olympic Committee Meeting in 2005
- Inaugural Formula One Road Race in Singapore from 2008 to 2012
- Asian Youth Games in 2009
- Youth Olympic Games involving several thousand athletes from all over the world in August 2010
- Numerous annual Marathons held in Singapore
- Numerous other sporting events
- National Day Parade Celebration for the last 20 years
- International Monetary Fund Conference in 2006
- Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation conference in 2009
- Several World Trade Organization meetings
- Numerous private company events